Hailing from the Kaikai Kiki collective – the ‘factory’ created by Japanese superstar artist Takashi Murakami, Mr. is a young Japanese artist who has gradually been moving out of the shadow of his mentor. As an exemplar of such Japanese concepts as kawaii (cuteness) and lolicom (a shortened version of the English phrase Lolita Complex), Mr. is on one end of a spectrum of work, which Murakami has dubbed Superflat and whose other extreme encompasses cartoonish narratives, which lovingly describe the wreckage of nuclear apocalypses and violent cosmic battles.
Search my blog
- Finding Mr Dob - the essence of Takashi Murakami
- Parisian graffiti, theatre and Brassai
- Sapo - perhaps the best outdoor game for the summer!
- Hecho en Mexico, the story of Cleto Reyes boxing gloves
- The fashion of cigarette butts - Irving Penn
- The Cat - symbol of thieves
- The vida loca of Johnny Tapia
- Sex, cartoons and superflat. How Takashi Murakami became Japan's answer to Andy Warhol
- Presenting Hugo, Man of a Thousand Faces!
- Kaikai Kiki Co., Ltd - labels
Tagsamir khan art banksy bast Best Boxing News Sites Around! bob arum boxing brassai cat cats charles saatchi Deyrolle eames edwin valero egypt Egyptian Erik Morales faile fashion fashion photography felix trinidad floyd mayweather gavin turk graffiti hampstead heath inca Jake Dinos Chapman Juan Manuel Marquez Juergen Teller Julio Cesar Chavez Kaikai Kiki kate moss lightweight lima louis vuitton Mannequin Manny Pacquiao Marco Antonio Barrera mario testino miguel cotto mike tyson monkey Mr. Brainwash mummification mummified oscar de la hoya p4p peru pets pet training philippe starck photography ricky hatton roberto duran rowland ward russian criminal tattoo saatchi shrunken heads skeleton skull skulls street art sugar ray robinson takashi murakami tattoo taxidermy terry richardson top rank trees van ingen Van Ingen and Van Ingen WBC Wellcome museam welterweight white cube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Search My Blog!